Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KILL YOUR TELEVISION

"This is going to sound silly but...My husband and I actually fight over the television. What we are going to watch, when we are going to watch it, what is recording, when our kids can have a turn...on and on and on. It has started happening almost EVERY night. How can I fix this?"

When I first read this question I actually laughed out loud (yes people, LOLd) because He Who Shall Never Be Named and I have had this very same fight. And, we have three freaking T.V.s!!! So, you should be happy to know that you are not alone in this one. However, we nipped it in the bud. Don't get me wrong, we will still argue about it from time to time but way less frequently then before. This happened for a few different reasons. First and foremost, we respect each other's choices in regards to recording television shows. If I have something recording he best not be turning that jazz off. He learned this one the hard way when a certain someone only caught 17 minutes of her favorite Law and Order...and so this certain someone completely erased his upcoming episode of Dirty Jobs. Because of this pettiness we recognized that we need to have consideration for the other person's request to record their show. Ya know what else I started doing is recording random shows during the day that I know he will like just so when I am watching something he can go in the other room to watch what I recorded for him. Which brings me to my next solution: get a second T.V. I know that times are tough right now but for your own sanity get another damn television set. This will help with the kids having their "turn" too. I don't know how ya have done it this long without a second one...not kidding. And, my last piece of advice is to TURN THE FUCKING THING OFF. That simple. If it is causing your relationship and family this much strife then play a boardgame yo. Go outside and plant a garden. Get a hobby. You are probably short circuiting every last brain cell you have! Because let's be real here, life is too short to be fighting about trivial shit like who gets to watch what on T.V.

And, that is...WHAT I THINK! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment