Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WHILE THE CAT IS AWAY, THE MOUSE MAY STRAY

"Sometimes my husband and myself go out with another couple for date night. It's fun until my girlfriend starts flirting with everyone and anyone in the restaurant/bar. Her husband doesn't seem to mind but my husband gets so pissed. I have to say that I also think she is being sort of trampy. Is it wrong to flirt with other people while you are married, especially if your husband is present?"

UM, HELLOOOOOO, flirting is totally normal and especially if the husband is present! If the husband doesn't seem to give a shit then...why do you? Furthermore, why does YOUR husband care? I'm thinking that the only reason your husband cares is because he is visualizing YOU doing this. Some people are just natural born flirts and when you add alcohol this inborn trait cannot be contained. But my thing is this: if it's not hurting anyone, who gives a rip?! Especially if the husband is ringside giving the go ahead. However, if the flirting happens while the husband is NOT around this may be another issue all in itself. I'm not saying it's baaaaad, I'm just saying it could possibly lead to other highly inappropriate things while the husband is away (see title HAHA). If the flirting leads to something else this is definitely not okay. I have personally known peeps that have the tendency to flirt and it is harmless fun. BUT, I have also known other peeps that flirt on occasion and end up being bent over the garbage cans behind the trashiest bar in town (you know who you are). Anyway, my advice is to tell your husband to lighten up...it's not YOU doing it after all AND flirting is F-U-N, so as long as you "get your appetite and then come home for dinner" where is the harm?

1 comment:

  1. Nailed it again, Amanda! I guess you and I are both flirts, so it stands to reason that we'd agree. But neither one of us are whores, either, and I think if you're with a secure man who knows you're all about him, flirting makes people feel good. I used to say to my ex that I flirt with women just as much as men, and that I obviously wasn't trying to cheat if I was doing it right in front of him. People and their hangups!

    ReplyDelete